Visitors



Don't forget to visit my website!

Native Speakers' Corner

Dear Native Speakers!

I really need your help! I am looking for authentic recordings. Click
here if you wish to help me! I will then upload the recordings on my school's website (have a look at it here!). Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Sunday 17 May 2009

English Proverbs and Sayings (Part 1)

Eleven English proverbs and sayings (completed version + cut and paste version):

All that glitters is not gold.
  • An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
  • When the cat's away the mice will play.
  • Pigs might fly. (UK) / When pigs fly. (US)
  • Kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
  • It's the last straw that breaks the camel's back.
  • To call a spade a spade.
  • Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
  • A monkey in silk is a monkey no less.
  • Birds of a feather flock together.
  • Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
  • English Proverbs and Sayings (Part 1)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    From all the continents!